Our newest addition to the Barn family, Anthony Totten is determined to leave a great impression on you!
From his high spirits to friendly demeanor, as the Director of Hospitality at Black Barn Restaurant, Anthony oversees all points of service with an emphasis on guest interactions, formulating bonds and fostering relationships between our Black Barn guests and staff. Anthony brings a lot of passion to his craft.
What’s your favorite dish at Black Barn?
“Currently, my favorite dish here at Black Barn is the Butternut Squash Ravioli. Rich, flavorful and perfect for the season.”— Anthony Totten
Here is a list of 18 fun facts about Anthony Totten
1. Born and raised in Queens, NY.
2. I am the youngest of 3 children. I have 3 half brothers and 1 half sister for a total of 6 siblings.
3. I studied Accounting/Finance at North Carolina A&T State University.
4. Craft Beer Enthusiast! I founded a craft beer run club with one of my college buddies called “Beer. Runners. Unite!” (BRU)
5. I have aspirations to be a motivational speaker. I am really passionate about helping people. I believe my purpose is connected to my ability to inspire people to live their best lives. I live by the mantra Energy is Everything!!! #EiE
6. I am a huge football fan and have coached youth football for several years.
7. Die-hard, loyal, Denver Broncos fan.
8. I love music!!! A night of dancing to some good deep house tunes is my preferred therapy.
9. I am part owner of an apparel company that designs merchandise for the college I attended.
10. I really love to travel and want to see as much of the world as possible.
11. I’ve been a groomsman about 7 times.
12. My best friend and I have been friends for over 25 years.
13. I lived in Las Vegas for just under a year.
14. I am very competitive by nature. I do not like to lose, so my distaste for it fuels me.
15. I want to learn how to DJ and produce music. I also want to learn how to play the piano.
16. I once broke my collarbone while snowboarding.
17. I have taken a cross-country road trip with a group of friends and to this day that was one of the best trips I’ve ever taken.
18. My middle name is “Earl”. It was the middle name of my grandfather, my mothers’ father.