Unlike the famous comedy, Forgetting Sarah Marshall — there is absolutely no way one can forget our Sarah!
“Under the dimmed lights during dinner service at Black Barn, Sarah Marshall lights the room and our hearts like a radiant ray of sunshine. Like a conductor in an orchestra, Sarah is looked to by our team to receive crystal clear direction.
She engages everyone she meets with warmth and enthusiasm, while coordinating all the movements necessary to ensure seamless service and memorable hospitality. Lovely is a good adjective to describe the way she dances between tables, making sure our guests have everything they need and desire.”
Sarah’s motivation is simple, it’s excellent hospitality built on the act of making people feel genuinely cared for. Her passion and dedication to uncompromised hospitality benefit us all!
Originally from Nebraska and the youngest of 5 kids, Sarah leads as Assistant General Manager and shares a list of interesting facts about herself.
Here is a list of 18 fun facts about Sarah Marshall:
1. My first job in the restaurant industry was as a busser for an all you can eat pasta place by UNL (University of Nebraska, Lincoln). Game days were insane.
2. My favorite past time is cooking. I make a mean chicken-pot-pie.
3. I went to college in Missouri and studied Theatre at Stephens College.
4. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
5. I moved to NYC with the intention of pursuing theater. I didn’t go on one audition before getting bitten by the hospitality bug.
6. My favorite food is popcorn — white cheddar Smart Pop to be specific!
7. I was the captain of my speech team — “Competitive Forensics” for all the nerds out there.
8. I study Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Renzo Gracie Academy and triangle choke is my jam!
9. I’m a pit bull advocate. My girl’s name is Storm and she’s a 10-month-old blue nose Pitbull.
10. Lady Gaga is my spirit animal!
11. When I was little I wanted to be a race car driver.
12. Despite being a self-proclaimed tomboy, I love nothing more than a good pair of high heels!
13. My celebrity doppelgänger is Emily Blunt. There’s a Black Barn regular that will only call me ‘Emily’ for this reason, even though he knows my name is Sarah.
14. I’m addicted to TED Talks (and if they are food centric then all the better).
15. My favorite way to start a meal is with a Negroni. The best way to end it is with Fernet Branca.
16. I’m I BIG UFC fan. Currently, my favorite fighter is Joanna Jedrzejczyk. #savage
17. My favorite color is gray (which isn’t a color at all, it’s a spectrum of light).
18. If money was no object I would travel the world and open a restaurant based on my culinary encounters. My “short list” of places to travel to include Italy, New Orleans, and Vietnam.