You might know that our Chelsea location offers primarily plant based deliciousness, but you might not realize that among the steaks and chops at BLACKBARN Nomad there is a plethora of vegetarian options to choose from. Here are our favorite meatless options right now.
1) Curried Cauliflower “Steak” (Dinner, Lunch menus)
cilantro raita, salad, toasted pine nuts, pickled raisins, pears
Pairs great with a glass of Domaine du Viking – Vouvray Brut, Loire Valley, France.
2) Kennebec Potato Gnocchi (Dinner, Lunch)
artichokes , zucchini, roasted tomatoes, pecorino
Pairs great with a glass of Chateau Des Milles Anges – Bordeaux Blanc – Bordeaux, France 2017.
3) Butternut Squash Ravioli (Dinner)
swiss chard, toasted pumpkin seeds, and you’ll have to ASK FOR “NO BACON”
Pairs great with a glass of B.R. Cohn – Chardonnay – Russian River Valley, Sonoma, California 2016.
4) Wild Mushroom Toast (Dinner, Lunch, Tavern)
robiola, taleggio, parmesan, watercress
Pairs great with a glass of Fattoria del Cerro – Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva, Tuscany, Italy 2016.
5) Truffle Ricotta Gnocchi (Dinner)
6) Tahini Hummus & Grilled Naan (Tavern)
heirloom peppers , semi dry tomatoes, baby cucumber, za’atar spice, olive oil
7) Pizza Margherita (Tavern, Lunch)
mozzarella, fresh tomato, basil
8) Mac & Cheese Croquette (Tavern)
black truffle mayo, parmigiano
9) Cuban Black Bean Soup (Lunch)
cilantro, lime, pico de gallo, queso fresco
10) Roasted Squash & Kale Salad (Lunch, Dinner)
radicchio, corn, buttermilk dressing
11.) Grilled Cheese with Green Tomato & Cucumber Gazpacho (Lunch)
aged cheddar, tarentaise, manchego, roasted garlic
12) Buttermilk Pancakes (Brunch)
macerated fruit, berry whipped cream, (ask for no bacon)
Every great brunch starts with comforting dishes to satisfy any diner. Our buttermilk pancakes with macerated fruit and berry whipped cream are the ultimate weekend comfort food.
13) Corn Flake Crusted French Toast (Brunch)
butterscotch crème anglaise, rum caramelized bananas, mascarpone whipped cream
14) Chocolate Babka (Brunch)
Start your weekend BLACKBARN style with the perfect pairing: a cup of just-brewed coffee and a Chocolate Babka Coffee Cake fresh from our in-house pastry department, both made with love for our BLACKBARN guests.
15) Chocolate-Coconut Granola (Brunch)
berries, candied almonds, almond or oat milk
16) Egg White Frittata (Brunch)
spinach, mushroom, roasted tomato, goat cheese
17) Egg Yolk Raviolo (Brunch)
mushroom, heirloom tomato, spinach, black truffle emulsion
Enjoy these mouth-watering BLACKBARN vegetarian dishes and more in our soulful, barn-meets-industrial Tavern and Dining Room, or dine al fresco with a view of beautiful Madison Square Park. Take advantage of the lasting summer sunlight and enjoy our outdoor seating for every meal. Reserve your table Today!