Here at Black Barn, we encourage you to embrace the positive energy of the holiday spirit. Feel the joy that everyone brings to the restaurant. People come in here happy and that happiness is contagious!
And since we’re all about quality, simplicity, and uplifting our community — we also love partaking in your special moments. So just in case, you’re hosting at home, our Chef John Doherty shares this easy 5 step stuffing recipe. Which makes for an excellent side dish to complete your table and impress your guests this holiday season!
Serves: 8-10 • Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 20 min
What you’ll need:
• 8oz. breakfast or Italian Sausage, removed from casing
• ¾ cup onion, diced
• ¼ cup celery, diced
• 1 apple, cored and diced
• 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 6 cups of croutons
• 1- 14oz. carton low sodium Chicken Broth
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
• 1 Tbsp. Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage while breaking it into small pieces until thoroughly cooked. Reserve in a large bowl, leaving any fat in the skillet.
3. In the same skillet cook onion until lightly browned. Add the Apple, celery and garlic and cook for three minutes longer. Then add the sausage.
4. Mix all remaining ingredients with sausage and onion mix in the bowl and pour into a 9×12 casserole spread evenly across casserole.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until center is firm.
Then serve and enjoy! The best part about this recipe is the crunchy cheese-covered top.
And once again, if you’re not in the cooking or hosting mood, allow our family to take care of yours → Join us for the holidays at Black Barn!