We’re all familiar with mashed potatoes creamy, buttery, and rich taste. This is a dish that graces our tables many holidays, especially Thanksgiving. We love the traditional recipe but here at Black Barn, we’ve upgraded and added some roasted garlic flavor that adds a mild sweetness to compliment the experience.
Serves: 6-8 • Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 25 min
What you’ll need:
• 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1½ lbs. Russet potatoes
• low-sodium chicken broth
• 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
• ½ cup heavy or sour cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap garlic cloves and olive oil in aluminum foil forming a pouch and bake for 25-30 min or until golden brown and soft.
2. Cut potatoes into even size pieces (about 1-2”). They can be peeled or unpeeled (your preference).
3. In a 3qt saucepan, cover potatoes with your chicken broth and simmer for about 25 minutes until very tender.
4. Drain chicken broth into a bowl and reserve.
5. Add garlic, olive oil, butter and cream to potatoes and mash. TIP: Add sour cream as it gives the dish a nice tang.
6. Add back chicken broth as needed for preferred consistency.
If you don’t find the enjoyment in preparing such a meal — let our family take care of yours! See you at Black Barn ツ