More than a Manhattan restaurant, Black Barn is a home with an especially charming and interesting family. We believe that comfort is the new luxury and with that in mind, we’ve created an experience that’s built on authenticity and warmth. Our general manager, Blake Irving, has developed a team to provide just that. A genuine memorable dinning experience to every guest.
“When searching for a General Manager of this restaurant, which I waited a life time to find, I needed someone that is highly disciplined in not just establishing a high degree of structure but someone who had the self discipline to carry it out day after day. Blake has so many great qualities but the one I admire most is his ability to adapt and embrace change. Blake’s strengths allows me to focus on the things I am passionate about.”
Here is a list of 18 fun facts about Blake Irving:
1. I was Born in San Francisco CA and if you follow my Family Tree I am related to Jesse James, yes the Wild West Outlaw.
2. I used to be a High School Drama Teacher.
3. I used to be an actor and had a recurring role on the soap opera One Life To Live.
4. I used to be a lead guitarist in a Heavy Metal Band.
5. Nothing brings me more joy than racing. I love the speed and adrenaline.
6. Growing up I was always fascinated w/Dinosaurs and reptiles. I have owned 4 different species of snakes.
7. I moved from CA to NYC for a girl. Yes I am a romantic at heart.
8. Favorite Sports Teams: San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors.
9. If I could choose to be anywhere at any time it would be in the Mountains. Something majestic, freeing and humbling about them.
10. When anyone “draws a line in the sand” I am typically the first to cross it. I always want to do what I am told I can’t.
11. Opening a venue is my favorite aspect of Hospitality. Assembling a team together that can collaborate and execute a vision is extremely rewarding for me.
12. I played baseball growing up. I was either a pitcher or 3rd baseman. I walked away from Baseball to go into acting.
13. As for cars, I am a Mustang guy.
14. I used to compete in Archery when I was younger.
15. My 2 favorite cocktails are a Boulevardier and a Last Word.
16. Favorite Food: Mexican and Steak.
17. Major interest I am geeking out over right now, is the technological advancement of AI, and it’s role in Hospitality today and tomorrow.
18. I am currently writing a film script. More for fun than anything else. I don’t expect it to ever amount to anything.
↑ But we do Blake!!