“Here at BLACKBARN Restaurant we’ve paired a menu with refined food, wine, and service in a rustic, casual environment. We source many of our ingredients from local farmers, ranchers, and artisans. Our international wine list is chock full with unique finds, priced just right. Our goal at BLACKBARN is to delight each and every guest at every opportunity with an extraordinary experience. I welcome you to enjoy the fruits of our passion.”
THE STORY OF OUR RESTAURANT
WELCOME TO BLACKBARN, AN AMERICAN RESTAURANT, SERVING LOCAL, ARTISANAL FOOD IN THE COMFORT OF A MODERN BARN.
Childhood friends, John Doherty and Tom Struzzieri, took separate career paths after high school. 30 years later with seasoned experience in the culinary and equestrian fields respectively, they set out to open a restaurant that combined their passions and expertise in the city they love most.
After John spent a weekend at friend and acclaimed designer Mark Zeff’s BLACKBARN home in the Hamptons, the anchor of Mark’s eponymous design brand, John found that the aesthetic matched the spirit of his restaurant vision. Now, co-owners John and Tom, in collaboration with the multi-layered BLACKBARN brand, present BlackBarn Restaurant to New York City, where seasonal, rustic fare meets a modern farmhouse atmosphere.
We welcome you to join in the BLACKBARN experience.
Click link below to watch an interview with Chef John Doherty
We are a Farm to Table Restaurant sourcing most of our ingredients from local farmers allowing us to provide our customers with the freshest ingredients that are seasonably available. Here is a list of farmers that we work with daily—bringing you high quality meats, seafood, produce, and cheese.
• Musefund Farm, Branchville NJ – Mangalitsa Pigs
• Niman Ranch, California & Green Point Farms, PA – Porchetta & Pork Belly
• Shivanne Farm, Vermont – Baby Goat & Baby Pig
• Lancaster Amish Region, Pennsylvania – Chicken
• Crescent Duck Farm, Long Island, NY – Duck
• Alderfer Farm, Bucks County, PA – Brown Eggs
• Kayla Marie boat, Downeast Maine – Lobster
• Sea Dog boat or Ms. Manya boat, NJ – Shellfish
• Saint Anthony boat, Montauk NY, Bass – Fluke
• Mountain Sweet Berry Farm, Roscoe NY, Italian Produce – Beans, Arugula, Tomato, Curly Beans,) Fingerling Potato, Sugar Snap Peas, Ramps & Tri-star Strawberry
• Campo Rosso, Berks County PA – Specialty Greens
• Irwin Farm, Kennett Square PA – Mushrooms
• Madura Farm, Orange County NY – Cauliflower, Beets, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato
• Eckerton Hill Farm, Berks County PA – Spicy Peppers & Tomatoes
• Brooklyn Grange, Brooklyn NY, Rooftop Farm – Microgreens
• Castle Valley Mill, Doyleston, PA – Rye Berries, Stone Ground Corn Grits & Corn Meal
We deal with Food Matters Again in Brooklyn that works with small farms around the country.
• Alemar cheese company, Minnesota
• Jasper Hill farm, Vermont
• Consider Bardwell Farm, Vermont
• Lazy Lady Farm, Vermont
• Landmark Creamery, Wisconsin
• W & T Seafood – Special Program for Local & West Coast Oysters